Sights & tourist attractions
Discover South Tyrol’s world of adventure
How does a short trip during your holiday in the Dolomit Family Resort sound?
Here are a few tips on South Tyrol’s sights and tourist attractions for you and your children:
History and culture up close
- Rasen/Rasun: old churches, the Renaissance parlour in Ansitz Heufler and two historic fortifications – the Neurasen and Altrasen castle ruinsn
- Bruneck/Brunico (12 km): a picturesque town centre dating back to the Middle Ages and Bruneck Castle (once the summer residence of the prince bishops) with the Messner Mountain Museum
See the animals
At the wildlife park in Toblach/Dobbiaco (18 km), you can watch the animals, including deer, raccoons, lynxes and mouflons, in a wonderful natural landscape. Toblach Forest Wonder World , the Nature Park House and Tree Village are also not far from here.
Made in South Tyrol
This is how our South Tyrolean ancestors lived! Discover the South Tyrolean Folklore Museum in Dietenheim near Bruneck (12 km), and feel the nostalgia when looking around the original farmhouses and workshops.
See a craft in action
The Tree Cime Dairy in Toblach (18 km) is always worth a visit. Cheese is still hand made here and you can taste it as soon as it’s ready.
Interesting and exciting for people of all ages: the Earth Pyramids of Platteni in Percha/Oberwielenbach (Bruneck, 20 km)
Endless fun and games await you and your children in the adventure playground in the Niederdorf/Villabassa spa gardens (13 km): one of the biggest and most attractive children’s play parks in South Tyrol. There is even more enjoyment to be had by the whole family in:
- Sexten/Sesto(45 km) on the so-called “Dummy Mile”: a nice footpath with several playgrounds for the little ones. It goes without saying that this area is suitable for buggies.
- Sexten (45 km) and Toblach (18 km): the climbing walls in Sexten and Toblach are a fun, sporty challenge for climbing fans of all ages.
- Olang (3 km) the Kron Arc Adventure Park, Olang (3 km): archery for the whole family in a quiet area of the forest.
- Innichen/San Candido (23 km): the Fun Bob summer toboggan on the Haunold.
- Toblacher See and Pragser Wildsee (18 km) are great lakes for fun boat & pedalo rides.
- Brixen/Bressanone (35 km): one of the oldest towns in South Tyrol with picturesque alleyways and arcades. A must-see: the Hofburg (bishop’s castle) and the Romanic cloister
- Bozen/Bolzano (90 km): South Tyrol’s charming capital. South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology with Ötzi the Iceman
- Meran/Merano (120 km): a cultural spa town with beautiful gardens, an exquisite shopping arcade, thermal baths – these are just some of the good reasons to visit this enchanting town that exudes Mediterranean flair and is surrounded by mountains.
- Innsbruck (130 km): how does a trip to Austria to see the picturesque “capital of the Alps” sound? The famous Alpenzoo is a must for all animal lovers.
- Venice (220 km): the legendary lagoon and gondola city is breathtakingly beautiful. Do not pass up a chance to go!